Greece, Attikí, AthensEngineering
What we do
No matter if you’re the biggest sports fanatic, have a ‘minor’ shoe addiction or you own just one pair of sneakers, you know that finding the “perfect” shoe can be challenging. We’re here to help people find that perfect shoe every single time. We have created a way to make a 3D scan of your feet and match that profile with our own (and the world’s largest) database of 3D-scanned shoes. Our goal is to inspire people to do what they love in maximum comfort, whether it’s running a marathon, dancing all night or simply going for a stroll in the park. As an employer, we strive to translate this philosophy into a happy and balanced lifestyle for all our team members, giving them the opportunity to grow and thrive while doing what they love. We are not just a software company. We build solutions, combine hardware and software, from end-to-end that help people and retailers. Like our concept? Read more about it here!
The fit we hope to find
We are looking for a driven, energetic developer who takes pride in working in a team focusing on driving innovation and on further improving our product by creating a functional and attractive digital environment. Are you looking to be part of a fast growing, international scale-up, working on challenging cutting-edge projects? Do read on!
What you’ll do
- Hands-on development of proof of concepts, prototypes and new features
- Work in various operating systems (e.g. Windows, UNIX) and databases (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- Work on Cloud Technologies such as Amazon Web Services
- Work with html, css and popular css preprocessors such as Sass and Less
- Perform code reviews
What SafeSize offers you
SafeSize is not just a software company. Innovation is in our DNA and we love building products that make an impact. Our solutions combine hardware and software, bringing cutting edge technology to the retail industry.
Being a great employer is important for SafeSize. We strongly believe in social impact (doing things right AND doing the right things) and offering our employees an awesome experience is a crucial element of that. We see fun and engagement as two core ingredients of a successful team. We encourage our people to find their passion within work and create an inspiring environment for our team, so everyone can excel and continue to grow.
A sneak peek into our perks:
- Competitive salary
- A brand-new office in a beautiful building in Kifisia, Athens with sit/stand desks, inspiring interior and an in-house chef preparing healthy breakfast and lunch
- Daily (online) meditation/mindfulness sessions
- Monthly team events and drinks
- Company laptop
- A yearly person Learning and Development plan with a budget of €1.000
- Commuting expenses covered
- Private health insurance
- Volunteer time off: extra time off to spend on assisting a good cause of your choice
- And most important of all: a driven team of talented SafeSizers and inspiring place to work and learn, where we work together according to the five company values:
Be a force of good - Foster passion & fun - Dream big, start small, learn fast
Take ownership - Build trust and lend a helping hand
Who you are
- An experienced software developer, with a passion for building top quality web applications
- A technical mind with a great attention to detail
- Driven and open when it comes to learning new tools
- A good communicator, fluent in English (both verbal and written)
- A person with a knack for benchmarking and optimization
- A problem solver, with the ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A team player who thrives in cross-functional and fast-paced environments
What you bring
- Awareness and knowledge of current trends and new technologies in information architecture and UI/UX design
- Excellent knowledge of html, css and popular css preprocessors such as Sass and Less
- Strong understanding of Software quality assurance principles
- Experience in working with Agile development practices and SCRUM in particular
- A relevant BSc or MSc degree
Which steps to take:
If this sounds like you, click the apply button below! We would love to find out why you would be a great match for this position and why you think SafeSize is a company that fits you. Please do not forget to attach your CV and add a cover letter. If you have any questions about this position or SafeSize, please contact Rania Markantonatou by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not work with recruiters for this vacancy, so please do not contact us for acquisition.