IT Support Engineer (in-house)
Greece, Attikí, Athens
What we do
No matter if you’re the biggest sports fanatic, have a ‘minor’ shoe addiction or you own just one pair of sneakers, you know that finding the “perfect” shoe can be challenging. We’re here to help people find that perfect shoe every single time. We have created a way to make a 3D scan of your feet and match that profile with our own (and the world’s largest) database of 3D-scanned shoes. Our goal is to inspire people to do what they love in maximum comfort, whether it’s running a marathon, dancing all night or simply going for a stroll in the park. As an employer, we strive to translate this philosophy into a happy and balanced lifestyle for all our team members, giving them the opportunity to grow and thrive while doing what they love. Like our concept? Read more about it here!
The fit we hope to find
Our innovative solution is used by thousands of retailers worldwide and as we are growing our customer base, we are also further expanding our business globally. We currently have four offices (Netherlands, Slovenia, Greece, China), soon to be followed by expansion in Australia and the USA! In this journey, we are looking for an IT Support Engineer to maintain and optimize our infrastructure to provide high quality support when needed. If you have experience in a similar role in a high paced or scale up environment, and you bring in a healthy dose of love for footwear, sports and tech, do read on!
What you'll do
In this role, you will streamline and enhance internal operating procedures to make our organization's daily work more effective. To identify areas of improvement and address the daily and ad-hoc needs of our global team, your job will include but will not be limited to:
- Designing, implementing and monitoring:
a) IT infrastructure (servers, operating systems, storages, backups, Active Directory etc.): review the existing infrastructure and propose, draft and implement technical solutions and improvements,
b) Network infrastructure (switches, access points, routers etc.) locally and remotely,
c) Security infrastructure (network firewalls, end point protections, SIEM, Active Directory security, HIDS etc.), and
d) Cloud infrastructure for core business services (scanners etc.) in Windows and iOS operating system
- Installing and monitoring workstations, printers, mobiles, etc.
- Creating user accounts and performing access control
- Performing IT audits and security audits
- PEN/phish testing
- Providing support to develop business continuity plans, disaster recovery plans etc.
- Implementing and maintaining business applications (monitoring system, ticketing system etc.), Helpdesk and IP telephony
- Investigating, diagnosing, and solving any problems
- Supporting and training end users and managing support requests (on-site & remote)
- Monitoring and reviewing the internal IT Policy in alignment with your IT colleagues
- Compiling job reports and statistics, excel, pivot, macros (Provide reports to other departments
What SafeSize offers you
Being a great employer is important for SafeSize. We strongly believe in social impact (doing things right AND doing the right things) and offering our employees an awesome experience is a crucial element of that. We see fun and engagement as two core ingredients of a successful team. We encourage our people to find their passion within work and create an inspiring environment for our team, so everyone can excel and continue to grow. For this position, you will be working at our office in Greece (Athens, Kifissia).
A sneak peek into our perks:
- Competitive salary
- An office in a beautiful building in Kifissia, Athens, with sit/stand desks, inspiring interior and an in-house chef preparing healthy breakfast and lunch
- Daily (online) meditation/mindfulness sessions
- Monthly team events and drinks
- Company laptop and mobile
- A yearly person Learning and Development plan with a budget of €1.000
- Commuting expenses covered
- Private health insurance
- And most important of all: a driven team of talented SafeSizers and an inspiring place to work and learn, where we work together according to the five company values:
Be a force of good - Foster passion & fun - Dream big, start small, learn fast
Take ownership - Build trust and lend a helping hand
What you bring:
- A BA or Msc in Informatics/Computer Science/Computer Engineering or similar science
- At least 10 years of experience as an IT support engineer
- Excellent knowledge of networks and HW/SW configuration
- High-level experience and knowledge of Microsoft Environment, as well as experience with Jira, Confluence and other tools
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Willingness to work in an IT support team and flexibility when it comes to support duty out of regular working hours
Who you are:
- A strong analytical mind, proficient with technology and applications
- An excellent communicator, fluent in English with strong interpersonal skills
- A team player who thrives in cross-functional and fast-paced environments, and at the same time is able to work interpedently
- An energetic professional who is driven by solving problems and helping others
- A curious individual with the drive to acquire further skills, to provide and receive feedback and to develop yourself
- A highly adaptive person with a creative mindset
Which steps to take:
If this sounds like you, click the apply button below! We would love to find out why you would be a great match for this position and why you think SafeSize is a company that fits you. Please, do not forget to attach your CV and add a cover letter. If you have any questions about this position or SafeSize, please contact Rania Markantonatou by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not work with recruiters for this vacancy, so please do not contact us for acquisition.